The morning sickness, achy lower back, and fatigue of pregnancy have passed. But for new mamas, a whole other different set of physical conditions often accompanies the bliss of loving your new baby.
Postnatal Yoga is a great way to support the body’s recovery after birth. It is for new mothers approximately 6-8 weeks after delivery. It allows women some time for themselves to experience deep relaxation and enjoying stretches designed for the postnatal body. Hormonal changes, lifestyle changes can have an impact on new mothers well-being and learning to develop a yoga practice is an excellent way to assist women at this time. Postures, breathing techniques and meditation offer a practice that supports healing, relaxation and toning.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
* Strengthens the back, abdominal and pelvic floor muscles
* Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
* Helps to improve posture
* Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
* Rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
* Provides and opportunity to connect with other mothers
* Creates a safe environment to bond with baby