I got the idea to try out this Spinach Side Dish from a recent visit to a Korean Restaurant. Although, I don’t eat meat, I still enjoy going to Korean Restaurant with my family since they love it so much and I am always thankful that the Korean always serve so many side dishes with vegetarian options to choose from that I can’t help but feeling like I am having my own personal buffet. Anyway, the Spinach Side Dish is always one of my favorite other than the mung bean. The cook at the restaurant said that it is super simple to make, it is basically blanch spinach with garlic, soy sauce and sesame oils. I know right!! sound super easy! So I decided to give it a try.
Here goes!!! I gotta say its absolutely fool proof and you have got to try it for yourself.
8 Oz of Spinach (it may sound like a lot but don’t worry they shrunk)
1 Garlic Minced
1 Stalk Green onion
1 1/2 teaspoon Organic Tamari (you can use Soy Sauce)
1 1/2 teaspoon Sesame Oils (depending on your preference, I might have use more than that. I love sesame oils)
2 teaspoon Sesame Seed but really again depending on your preference
1) Boil about 8 cups of water
2) Blanch the spinach for 1 minute than quickly pick it up and rinse it in cold water
3) Strain in cold water to stop the cooking process and then squeeze all the excess water out. This step is quite fun, like squeezing a stress ball =) then cut the spinach into bite size pieces, I usually cut the spinach before I blanch them.
4) In a bowl, mix garlic, green onion, tamari, sesame oils, sesame seeds and the spinach, mix them all with your hand. Make sure your hands are clean.
5) Put in serving bowl and (optional) add more sesame seeds. Serve with Rice!!
Try it out and don’t forget to let me know how you do #RecipeTryoutTuesday