Hey guys for #RecipeTryoutTuesday I am making a Shimeji Mushroom Spaghetti. I am in the midst of travelling and moving house at the same time SOOO… its that time when I have to clear out the fridge. To me, Spaghetti is quite versatile dish to make, we can dress it up in Italian flavor or the Japanese style. My favorite is definitely to make the Spaghetti into more Japanese Flavored dish =) This paticular recipe, I usually make it with Spaghetti but I realized that I finished all the pasta from the pantry and what I am left with is Japanese noodle, so for the recipe today, I am using the thin Japanese Udon but do try it out with Spaghetti. As the point is to use up whatever I have left in the fridge, today I am pairing the noodle with Shimeji Mushroom and Seaweed, as always this recipe really yummy and easy to make.
A quick tip on the benefit of Shimeji Mushroom. Mushroom in general are a great source of protein, copper, potassium, zinc, selenium and B vitamins. Mushrooms are also a great source of dietary fiber and are low in both saturated and unsaturated fat. Additional to all that, Shimeji Mushroom is great to treat allergy, asthma, improve immune system and increase metabolism
Here goes for the recipe:
1/2Lb (225 gr) Spaghetti
1 Clove garlic
1 Bunch of Shimeji Mushrooms, cut the bottom and separate them by hand
1/2 Onion thinly sliced
1 Tbsp Tamari
1 Tbsp Mirin
1 Tbsp Sake
1 Tbsp butter
3 green onions, tinly cut
Thinly cut roasted seaweed.
* Sesame Seed (optional)
* If you are not vegetarian, add some bacon into this about 3 slices, it will add on the yum factor.
1) Boil Spaghetti in about 12 cups of water. Always wait till the water boils to add some salt, only when the water boil for the second time after adding the salt then you add in the Spaghetti, I find this is best way to seasoned the spaghetti
2) Heat frying pan, if you use bacon, this is the time to browned them. If not, 1 tbsp of butter onto the pan then add the garlic and stir. Wait for it to smell fragrant then add the onions and Shimeji Mushrooms cook until tender.
3) Add the Tamari, Mirin and Sake, mix everything well.
4) Put the cooked spaghetti into the pan and mix everything together, until all the sauce cover the spaghetti.
5) Serve on plate, add green onions and seaweed
Have Fun #RecipeTryoutTuesday