Lavender is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it. Lavender is an adaptogen, and therefore can assist the body when adapting to stress or imbalances. It is a great aid for relaxing and winding down before bedtime, yet has balancing properties that can also boost stamina and energy. Therapeutic-grade lavender is highly regarded for skin and beauty. It may be used to soothe and cleanse common cuts, bruises, and skin irritations.
Here are 25 other ways to use Young Living Lavender Essential Oil:
1. Rub a couple drops of Lavender oil on the soles of the feet for a calming effect on the body.
2. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help you sleep.
3. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and reduce swelling.
4. Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil with distilled water on a minor burn or sunburn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean, to stop bleeding and kill bacteria
6. Mix several drops of Lavender oil with Young Living V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
9. Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts (keep away from eyes!)
10. Rub a couple drops of Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin or drop the oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
11. Reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on and around the affected area.
12. Use 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
13. Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
14. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
15. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen closet to scent the linens and to help repel moths and insects.
16. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your table-top water fountain to scent the air, kill bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings. (do NOT use in fish tanks!)
17. Make your own dryer sheet: place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer, which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
18. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
19. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies. Ultrasonic Diffuser, Nebulizer Diffuser (use this diffuser for mold issues), Travel Diffuser (see the recommended diffusers here).
20. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the skin.